Palme d'Or Winner 'Blue is the Warmest Color' Heads to Munich Festival
The Munich International Film Fest this year will also screen other Cannes competition titles, including "Heli," "The Past" and "Only God Forgives."
COLOGNE, Germany - The Munich International Film Festival, Germany's number two movie festival, is following in Cannes' footsteps this year, cherry-picking part of its competition lineup, including this year's Palme d'Or winner Blue is the Warmest Color.
Abdellatif Kechiche's lesbian love story will have its German premiere in Munich in the festival's competitive CineMasters section, where it will be joined by half a dozen other Cannes competition titles, including Nicolas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives starring Ryan Gosling; Zhangke Jia's controversial Chinese drama A Touch of Sin; The Past from Oscar-winning Iranian director Asghar Farhadi (A Separation); James Gray's The Immigrant, Heli from Cannes best director winner Amat Escalante and Paolo Sorrentino's The Great Beauty.
Sorrentino will also receive a retrospective at this year's Munich Festival, as will Chilean cult director Alejandro Jodorowsky, whose latest, The Dance of Reality, also screens in the CineMasters section. Oscar-winning actor Michael Caine will receive the festival's lifetime achievement honor, the CineMerit award.
The 2013 Munich International Film Festival runs June 28-July 6.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!