Cannes: Foursome Team Up for Chicago Crime Boss Film 'Hubris'
Charles Gillibert, Scott Stuber, Alexandra Milchan and Scott Lambert are joining forces for the thriller, which will mark French director Olivier Assayas' first film shot in the United States.
CG Cinema’s Charles Gillibert, Bluegrass Films’ Scott Stuber, Emjag Productions’ Alexandra Milchan, and Film 360’s Scott Lambert are teaming up to produce the thriller Hubris.
Olivier Assayas (Summer Hours, the miniseries Carlos) will direct the film, which is inspired by a true story and based on an article by Hillel Levin.
Hubris follows a crew of thieves led by John Mendell who rob a pawn shop and discover it is a front for the most brutal crime boss in Chicago history, Tony Accardo.. CG Cinema and Orange Studios are financing.
The film, which marks the first time French helmer Assayas is shooting a film in the United States, is set to begin production in the second quarter of 2014.
The project was co-developed with Orange Studios and Frederique Dumas.
Recent Bluegrass films include Identity Thief, Ted and Safe House.
Film 360 is the film production arm of Management 360. The company’s recent films include the Meryl Streep starrer Hope Springs.Milchan’s credits include David Ayer’s Street Kings and the horror pic Mirrors. She is also executive producing Martin Scorsese’s upcoming The Wolf of Wall Street.
Assayas’ next film, Sils Maria, will shoot this summer.
He is represented by CAA and Intertalent in Paris.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film