Cannes: Germany's Studio 100 Launches Film Division
The first project from the group will be a feature film version of classic children's cartoon Maya the Bee.
German children's television production/distribution company Studio 100 Media has launched a new film division, Studio 100 Film, which will focus on feature productions.
The group's first project will be a movie based on classic children's cartoon Maya the Bee, a 3D animated film directed by Alexs Stadermann, a senior animator of films such as Jungle Book 2 and The Little Mermaid 2.
The project is being set up as a German/Australian co-production between Studio 100 Media and Australia's Buzz Studios. Barbara Stephens (The Woodlies) at Buzz and Studio 100 Media's Thorsten Wegener (Momo) will produce.
Studio 100 Film will handle world theatrical sales for the title, which has pre-sold to Universum Film for German speaking territories, to Monolith Films for Poland and to Karantanija Cinemas for ex-Yugoslavia.
The original 1970s Maya the Bee series, which follows the adventures of a plucky bumble bee, was recently re-launched as a 3D animated show. Maya the Bee, the movie, will bow in German cinemas in September 2014.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!