Cannes: 'Grace of Monaco' Images Preview Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly (Exclusive Photos)
Stills of Kidman as the Hollywood starlet-turned-princess whet the appetite for Olivier Dahan’s historical drama.
Grace of Monaco, starring Nicole Kidman, wasn’t finished in time for Cannes, but images of Kidman as Hollywood starlet-turned-princess Grace Kelly whet the appetite for Olivier Dahan’s historical drama.
The shots suggest Dahan is not taking a lookalike approach for the film, something Kidman, speaking to THR in fall 2012 when Grace still was shooting, confirmed. “I’m not trying to re-create Grace, just capture her essence. Like [Dahan’s Edith Piaf drama] La Vie en Rose, this is more of an art movie than a strict biopic.” The Weinstein Co. will bow Grace of Monaco in an awards-season qualifying run stateside Dec. 27.
View THR's exclusive images above and below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10