Cannes 2012: 'Guillotines' Sells for U.K., France
CANNES – The Guillotines continues to slice through the international market as We Distribution closed on several major territories with the Asian actioner including Metrodome Distribution for the U.K. and AB Droits Audiovisuels for French-speaking Europe.
Minerva Pictures took Italian rights to the $15 million period film, with WEG Entertainment securing India. We Distribution earlier closed on several territories, including with Well Go USA for North American rights, Splendid Films for Germany and Benelux and Icon Film Distribution for Australia/New Zealand. We said it is in negotiation with for C.I.S., Middle East and Latin America on the title.
The Guillotines brings together Infernal Affairs director Andrew Lau and China’s blockbuster producer Peter Ho-Sun Chan (Bodyguards and Assassins, Wu Xia) for the first time. The story follows a convert group of assassins called The Guillotines that work for the Chinese Emperor on secret missions. It stars a group of Asian up-and-comers including Huang Xiaoming, Ethan Juan, Shawn Yue, Li Yuchun and Boran Jing.
Chan is moving in a different director for his next project, The Truth of Beauty, which We Distribution has begun pre-selling in Cannes. The drama is the story of an ordinary-looking girl turns to plastic surgery in an attempt to find herself and true love. Aubrey Lam, who last worked with Chan on the romantic drama 12 Nights (2000) will direct. Bai Baihe (Love is not Blind) stars.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR