Cannes: IFC Films Picks Up Annette Bening Starrer 'The Face of Love'
Arie Posin's romantic drama also stars Ed Harris and Robin Williams.
IFC Films has acquired all U.S. rights to Arie Posin's romantic drama The Face of Love, starring Annette Bening, Ed Harris, Robin Williams, Jess Weixler and Amy Brenneman, and is planning a September release.
In the feature, produced by Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn for Mockingbird Pictures, Bening plays a woman who falls in love with a man, played by Harris, who is veritable double for her deceased husband.
At the Cannes market, Exclusive Media and its president of international sales and distribution Alex Walton is handling international rights.
"Arie Posin has made a film that is not only incredibly poignant but also familiar to anyone who has lost a loved one. We are thrilled to be working with the acting powerhouses of Annette Bening, Ed Harris and Robin Williams, and can't wait to bring this film to audiences around the country,” Jonathan Sehring, president of IFC Films/Sundance Selects, said.
The acquisition deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, senior vp of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with WME and CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR