Cannes: IFC Midnight Takes Zoe Bell Starrer 'Raze'
Josh Waller directed the film about a woman fighting for her life that had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
IFC Midnight has acquired North American rights to Josh Waller’s action/thriller Raze. The film about a woman who is abducted and forced to do battle with other innocents for the amusement of unseen spectators was written by Robert Beaucage and stars Zoe Bell, Rachel Nichols, Tracie Thoms and Sherilyn Fenn.
Cinipix financed Raze, which had its world premiere at last month’s Tribeca Film Festival. It was produced by Kenny Gage and Andy Pagana.
"Josh Waller has crafted the most intense and unique action film that we have seen in a longtime. With the magnificent Zoe Bell leading a strong female cast, Raze delivers and then some. We can’t wait to unleash it upon audiences,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects/IFC Films said.
The deal was negotiated by Jeff Deutchman, director of acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers. Celluloid Dreams is currently selling international rights at Cannes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR