Cannes: K5 International Takes 'Cutie and the Boxer'
Zachary Heinzerling’s won the directing documentary honor in Sundance for the film about “boxing” painter Ushio Shinohara.
COLOGNE, Germany - German/U.K. sales outfit K5 International has picked up world sales rights to Zachary Heinzerling's Sundance winner Cutie and the Boxer, a documentary about the turbulent 40-year marriage between renowned “boxing” painter Ushio Shinohara and his wife, the artist Noriko.
The film traces the pair's troubled relationship and Noriko's development from an adoring wife and assistant to the unruly, alcoholic Ushio to an independent and recognized artist in her own right.
Cutie and The Boxer won the documentary directing honor for Heinzerling in Sundance. Radius TWC picked up the US rights and plans to bow the film stateside in August.
King Records has the film for Japan with Parco, and Madman has taken Australia rights.
K5 will begin sales of the Cutie and the Boxer at the Cannes film market next month.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)