Cannes: K5 International Takes 'Cutie and the Boxer'
Zachary Heinzerling’s won the directing documentary honor in Sundance for the film about “boxing” painter Ushio Shinohara.
COLOGNE, Germany - German/U.K. sales outfit K5 International has picked up world sales rights to Zachary Heinzerling's Sundance winner Cutie and the Boxer, a documentary about the turbulent 40-year marriage between renowned “boxing” painter Ushio Shinohara and his wife, the artist Noriko.
The film traces the pair's troubled relationship and Noriko's development from an adoring wife and assistant to the unruly, alcoholic Ushio to an independent and recognized artist in her own right.
Cutie and The Boxer won the documentary directing honor for Heinzerling in Sundance. Radius TWC picked up the US rights and plans to bow the film stateside in August.
King Records has the film for Japan with Parco, and Madman has taken Australia rights.
K5 will begin sales of the Cutie and the Boxer at the Cannes film market next month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR