Cannes: Kim Novak To Be Guest of Honor at 66th Annual Festival
"Vertigo" will screen as part of the fest's classics series.
PARIS – Legendary actress Kim Novak will be recognized as the guest of honor by the Cannes Film Festival this year, the organization announced Monday. The retired actress will attend the festival in honor of the restoration of her famous 1958 film, Vertigo.
A restored version of Alfred Hitchcock's famous psychological thriller will be shown as part of the Cannes Classics series. In their announcement, the festival organizers called Vertigo Novak's "greatest performance."
Novak made news last year when she compared hearing the score of Michel Hazanavicius' Oscar-winning film The Artist, in which composer Ludovic Bource borrowed extensively from Vertigo, as “rape.” Following intense criticism from victims’ groups, she later clarified her remarks, saying that hearing the similar score reminded her of feelings she had had as a victim of assault as a child.
The 80-year-old will also attend the closing ceremony and award an as-yet unnamed prize on May 26.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!