Cannes: Le Pacte Boards Duncan Jones' 'Fleming'
The French distributor picked up the feature on the life of James Bond creator Ian Fleming from K5 International.
French distributor Le Pacte has picked up Fleming, the upcoming feature from Source Code director Duncan Jones, from sales group K5 International.
Jones is casing the film, which is based on Andrew Lycett's biography of James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Production is set to start later this year. Like the book, the film will look at Fleming's life as a true international spy, experiences that inspired him to create Bond.
"We are thrilled to be part of this exciting one-of-a-kind adventure with such great partners. The sheer quality of the project, along with the unique talent of Duncan Jones, will make it a must-see for all movie lovers," said Le Pacte’s Jean Labadie and Thomas Pibarot in a statement.
K5 co-founders Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur are producing Fleming together with PalmStar Media Capital’s Kevin Frakes and Liberty Films’ Stuart Fenegan in association with Jim Young and Robert Laycock of the Ian Fleming Estate. K5 International is handling worldwide rights.
Jones is repped by Jay Baker and Maha Dakhil at CAA in the US and Jack Thomas at Independent Talent Group in London.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama