Cannes: LevelK Takes Finnish Doc Hit 'Tale of a Forest'
The lush look at the woodlands of Northern Finland has become the country's best-selling documentary.
Danish sales group LevelK has picked up world sales rights to Kim Saarniluoto and Ville Suhonen's hit Finnish nature documentary Tale of a Forest.
The lush look at the primeval forests of Northern Finland - some of Europe's sole remaining, old-growth forests - has become the most successful Finnish documentary of all time, grossing some $600,000 for distributor Nordisk in its tiny home territory.
LevelK will introduce the film to international buyers at the Cannes film market next month.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)