Cannes: Lionsgate Picks Up North American Rights to 'Quiet Ones'
The supernatural thriller from John Pogue stars "Mad Men's" Jared Harris and Sam Claflin.
CANNES - Lionsgate has closed a deal to acquire North American distribution rights from Exclusive Media to supernatural thriller The Quiet Ones.
Directed by John Pogue, the film from British studio Hammer stars Mad Men’s Jared Harris and English actor Sam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire).
The deal was revealed at Cannes, although it has been in the works for several weeks. The Quiet Ones is set to be released on April 25, 2014.
The announcement was made by Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-chairmen Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger. Lionsgate previously had acquired U.K. distribution rights.
The film is about a university physics professor who assembles a team to help him create a poltergeist. The film is inspired by true events.
Said Jason Constantine, Lionsgate’s president of acquisitions and co-productions: "At Lionsgate, we have a long tradition of bringing original, distinctive horror movies to audiences. Director John Pogue demonstrates a mastery of the genre in this terrifying, jump-out-of-your seat movie inspired by actual events."
Remaining international sales will be handled by Alex Walton, Exclusive Media’s president of international sales and distribution at the Cannes Film Market.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR