Cannes 2012: Lionsgate Inks Multiyear Output With Nordisk
The Danish distributor will take rights to all Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment films in Scandinavia.
CANNES – Lionsgate has signed a new, multiyear output deal with Nordisk Film that will give the Danish media giant exclusive rights all titles from Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment for all of Scandinavia.
Nordisk already had an output deal in place with Summit. The new agreement extends the agreement to cover films from Lionsgate, which acquired Summit earlier this year.
The new deal was announced in Cannes on May 18 by Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman and Peter Philipsen, general manager of independent Films at Nordisk Film.
“We are proud to extend Summit’s longstanding relationship with the team at Nordisk Film to include both the Lionsgate and Summit brands in Scandinavia,” said Wachsberger, calling the deal “a natural evolution of our historic partnership that promises significant benefits for both partners.”
Upcoming films on the Lionsgate-Summit slate that will be part of Nordisk’s output include Catching Fire, the next installment in the blockbuster Hunger Games franchise, the last film in the Twilight Saga and a reboot of Dirty Dancing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!