Cannes: Neue Visionen Takes 'The Prize Idiot'
Hans Petter Moland's new action comedy features "Avengers" star Stellan Skarsgard.
Neue Visionen has snatched up German rights to the Norwegian action comedy The Prize Idiot from director Hans Petter Moland and starring Stellan Skarsgard (The Avengers).
The plot of the $6 million (€4.7 million) feature has Skarsgard playing a man who drives a snowblower and lives a carefree life until the sudden death of his son puts him in the middle of a drug war between the Norwegian and Serbian mafias.
TrustNordisk have kicked off pre-sales in Cannes for the title, which is currently in post-production.
The project reteams Moland and Skarsgard, who collaborated on the director's A Somewhat Gentle Man, which premiered in Berlin in 2010 and was a strong international seller.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!