Cannes: Neue Visionen Takes 'The Prize Idiot'
Hans Petter Moland's new action comedy features "Avengers" star Stellan Skarsgard.
Neue Visionen has snatched up German rights to the Norwegian action comedy The Prize Idiot from director Hans Petter Moland and starring Stellan Skarsgard (The Avengers).
The plot of the $6 million (€4.7 million) feature has Skarsgard playing a man who drives a snowblower and lives a carefree life until the sudden death of his son puts him in the middle of a drug war between the Norwegian and Serbian mafias.
TrustNordisk have kicked off pre-sales in Cannes for the title, which is currently in post-production.
The project reteams Moland and Skarsgard, who collaborated on the director's A Somewhat Gentle Man, which premiered in Berlin in 2010 and was a strong international seller.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR