Cannes: Phase 4 Acquires North American Rights to 'Jamesy Boy' And 'Philosophers'
The twin deals follow the Canadian distributor's picking up Shana Betz's 'Free Ride' and 'The Crash Reel,' by Lucy Walker.
TORONTO – Canadian indie distributor Phase 4 Films has acquired the North American rights to two more films in Cannes, Trevor White's Jamesy Boy and John Huddle's Philosophers.
Those purchases come on top of the previously announced buys for Shana Betz's Free Ride and The Crash Reel, directed by Lucy Walker.
Toronto-based Phase 4 Films went in with XLrator Media to pick up Jamesy Boy, a crime-thriller that stars Mary-Louise Parker, James Woods, Ving Rhames and Taissa Farmiga.
The deal was negotiated by Larry Greenberg of Phase 4 Films and Barry Gordon of XLrator Media with the Paradigm Finance Group on behalf of the film producers.
And Phase 4's Greenberg and Katharyn Howe acquired from Paradigm the Philosophers title, a sci-fi, fantasy thriller starring James D'Arcy, Sophie Lowe, Daryl Sabara and Bonnie Wright (Harry Potter).
The film follows an international philosophy teacher in Jakarta who challenges his class to choose which would take shelter underground and reboot the human race in the event of a nuclear apocalypse.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR