CANNES Q&A: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Director Rob Marshall
The filmmaker tells The Hollywood Reporter why Johnny Depp is the best dancer since Fred Astaire.
Having established his directing bona fides with screen adaptations of the musicals Chicago and Nine, Rob Marshall steps into the action arena for the first time with Disney’s big-budget summer sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The 3D spectacular sails into Cannes Saturday with a casts that includes Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz. Marshall spokes with THR film editor Gregg Kilday about taking on the enormous challenge, mastering the art of 3D and why Depp is the best dancer since Fred Astaire.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR