Cannes: Radiant Films International Goes 'Wild' (Exclusive)
The sales company has picked up international rights for the comedy-drama starring Emma Greenwell as a woman competing in the Olympics of gardening.
Radiant Films International has picked up international rights to Wild, a comedy-drama marking Vivienne DeCourcy’s feature film directorial debut.
Emma Greenwell (Shameless) will star as Mary Reynolds, a garden designer who aims to compete in the Chelsea Flower show, a.k.a. the Olympics of gardening. Tom Hughes has been cast as an environmentalist who helps Mary pursue garden gold.
CEO Mimi Steinbauer of Radiant Films, which is shopping the project at Cannes, calls DeCourcy’s script “fun and quirky” and “a great antidote to today’s toils and troubles.” Gersh Agency’s Jay Cohen is handling U.S. rights.
The film will be produced jointly by Green Earth in the U.S and Treasure Entertainment and Crowe's Nest in Ireland. Rebecca O'Flanagan and Rob Walpole will produce from Treasure, and Sarah Johnson and Chloe Kassis Crowe will executive produce.
Funded by Green Earth, the Irish Film Board, RTE and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, Wild will shoot in both Ireland and Ethiopia in the upcoming months.
Newcomer Greenwell currently plays Mandy Milkovich on Showtime’s Shameless and has previously appeared on HBO’s True Blood. She’s repped by WME, Troika and Thruline Entertainment.
British actor Hughes has appeared on several U.K. TV shows, and recently wrapped war thriller I Am Soldier. He’s repped by UTA and Gordon and French.
Radiant's current slate includes William H. Macy’s directorial debut Rudderless, thriller Take Down, Claire Danes and James Marsden-starrer As Cool as I Am and Lullaby, starring Garrett Hedlund, Richard Jenkins and Amy Adams.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack