Cannes: Raven Banner Takes World Rights to 'Cut Throats Nine'
Kris Holden-Reid and Julian Richings have joined the cast of the 1972 Spanish western/horror remake, which also will star Harvey Keitel and Mads Mikkelsen.
TORONTO -- Genre film distributor Raven Banner Entertainment has picked up the worldwide sales rights to the Harvey Keitel starrer Cut Throats Nine from director Rodrigo Gudino.
The remake of the classic 1972 Spanish film from producers Rue Morgue Cinema and Canspan Film Factory has had Keitel, Mads Mikkelsen and Jordi Molla attached since 2009.
The producers have now added Julian Richings and Kris Holden-Reid to the cast ahead of an early-2014 production.
Raven Banner, which helped distributor Gudino's feature debut, the Vanessa Redgrave starrer The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh, will start shopping the updated western/horror pic for pre-sales in Cannes this week.
“Cut Throats Nine contains original twists, elaborate stunts, explosions and extreme action the likes of which have found huge popularity with film fans around the globe,” said Raven Banner managing partner Michael Paszt on Monday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack