Cannes: Robert Walak Named President, MD of Europe for Weinstein Co.
Negeen Yazdi is promoted to EVP Europe, acquisitions and co-productions.
CANNES – The Weinstein Company has named former Alliance Films exec Robert Walak the new president and managing director Europe for production, acquisitions and television. TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein and COO David Glasser announced the new appointment, effective immediately, on Wednesday.
In his new job, Walak will handle and oversee TWC's British operations. He will be joined at the company's London offices by Negeen Yazdi, who has been promoted to EVP Europe, acquisitions and co-productions at TWC.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to have Robert and Negeen teaming together in London,” Weinstein said in a statement. “They both have a staggering amount of experience working alongside some of the most intelligent and esteemed directors, writers, and acting talent in the film and TV industry."
As SVP of acquisitions and production at Alliance, Walak handled co-financing and co-production across the group's British, Spanish and Canadian operations as well as driving acquisitions for the company.
He is one of the many top Alliance and eOne execs back on the market in the wake of eOne's $230 million buyout of Alliance last year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR