Cannes: Roger L. Simon to Pen 'The Future of Now'
Primeridian partner Arcadiy Golubovich will direct.
Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger L. Simon will pen the script for The Future of Now, the second feature from newly launched Primeridian Entertainment.
Arcadiy Golubovich, a principal of Primeridian, will make his directorial debut with the dystopian drama. His Primeridian partner, Tim O'Hair, will produce.
Primeridian is fully financing the Washington, D.C.-set pic, with casting slated for June and shooting aiming for fall.
The author of 10 novels, Simon was nominated for an Academy Award for best screenplay for 1989’s Enemies: A Love Story. He also received a screenplay credit for A Better Life, which led to an Oscar best acting nomination for Demian Bichir.
"We are very excited to work with such a smart, seasoned, and talented writer such as Roger on this project," said Golubovich. "We developed this idea observing the American news media and power structure from my international perspective, and the notion of idealism gone awry."
Just days earlier at the fest, Primeridian announced its first feature, based on the life Nobel Prize-winning author Alexander Solzhenitsyn, would be directed by Cyrus Nowrasteh (The Day Reagan Was Shot). The new company aims to produce two to four films per year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)