Cannes 2012: Download THR's 'Daily' Guide to Cannes
In The Hollywood Reporter's Cannes Daily No. 7, the bloggerati picks their Oscar contenders and Rupert Everette is set to make his directorial debut.
Cannes Lineup Sparks Oscar Chatter
Forget the speculation about who's going to win the Palme d'Or. This year, the bloggerati are already debating which films in the festival have a shot at an Oscar. They’ve proclaimed Michael Haneke’s Amour the near-certain winner in the best foreign-lan- guage film category and ordered the Academy to reserve a spot in the best actress race for Marion Cotillard’s affecting work in Jacques Audiard’s Rust & Bone.
Everett to Helm Wilde Biopic
Rupert Everett will make his directorial debut with The Happy Prince, a comedic biopic on Oscar Wilde that will star Everett as the legendary Irish writer and playwright and Colin Firth as his friend and confidant Reginald “Reggie” Turner.
Berg's Survivor Sells Out
Foresight Unlimited has virtually sold out of Peter Berg’s U.S. Navy Seals action-drama Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch and Ben Foster. The film is a passion project for Berg, who was in Cannes on Friday and Saturday to meet with foreign buyers just as his tentpole Battleship was opening in the U.S. The film’s weak domestic debut hardly dimmed interest in Lone Survivor, based on the non-fiction book by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!