Cannes: Samuel L. Jackson Joins Hailee Steinfeld in 'Barely Lethal'
The action-comedy is being produced by RKO Pictures, Hopscotch Pictures and Brett Ratner's Rat Entertainment.
Samuel L. Jackson is boarding RKO Pictures' Barely Lethal, which marks the third Jackson project that is being shopped at the Cannes film market.
Highland Film Group (HFG) is representing international rights to the action-comedy, which headlines Hailee Steinfeld. Kyle Newman will direct from a script by John D'Arco.
RKO is producing with Hopscotch Pictures and Brett Ratner's Rat Entertainment.
Barely Lethal is described as a playful, high-velocity romp in which a 16-year-old international assassin (Steinfeld) yearning for "normal" adolescence fakes her own death and enrolls in a suburban high school. When her former-employer (Jackson) comes calling, it becomes more than any teenager can handle.
Jackson and Steinfeld are both represented by ICM Partners.
The other Jackson projects being shopped at Cannes are the live-action remake of Yasuomi Umetsu's Japanese anime movie Kite, which has just completed shooting, and Big Game.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR