Cannes: Three New 'Transporter' Films in the Works
Luc Besson's EuropaCorp and China's Fundamental Films will co-produce and distribute the titles, at least one of which will be shot in China.
CANNES – Luc Besson's EuropaCorp has announced the next slate of films to be co-produced with its Chinese partner Mark Gao's Fundamental Films, as part of the two companies' three-year output deal announced last July.
EuropaCorp and Fundamental will co-finance, produce and distribute the next three installments in the Transporter franchise (parts 4, 5 and 6). The projects will be budgeted from $30 million to $40 million; at least one of the films will likely shoot in China.
No word yet on whether Jason Statham is staying on as the franchise's star.
The strategic alliance inked between the two partners last July stipulated that a minimum 15 Europa films would be released theatrically in China by Fundamental, and that the two companies would co-produce at least three of those 15 titles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!