Cannes 2012: Tiberius Takes Ethan Hawke Thriller 'Predestination'
The sci-fi thriller Re-teams Hawke with "Daybreakers" Directors Michael and Peter Spierig.
CANNES – Tiberius Film has picked up German rights to Predestination, a time-travel thriller from Australian directing brothers Michael and Peter Spierig, which stars Ethan Hawke, from Arclight Films.
The plot of the movie, based on the short story “All you Zombies” by Robert A. Heinlein, postulates a secret government time-traveling agency designed to prevent killers and terrorists from ever committing their crimes. Hawke starred in the Spierig Brothers’ last film, vampire sci-fi horror movie Daybreakers, which earned more than $50 million at the box office worldwide. Tiberius released Daybreakersin Germany.
“We are very proud of this new high-quality acquisition with a top cast,” said Tiberius Film managing director Wolfgang Carl. “After working on Daybreakers, we are very much looking forward to this project.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR