Cannes: U.K. to Get 'Sake-Bombed'
Culture-clash comedy penned by Jeff Mizushima sells to Third Window Films.
TOKYO – Junya Sakino`s debut feature Sake-Bomb has been picked up Third Window Films for U.K. distribution from Pictures Dept., which is repping the English-language road movie in Cannes.
Starring Eugene Kim and Gaku Hamada as a cynical Asian-American and his naïve Japanese cousin, the film follows their trip to northern California looking for new love and an old girlfriend.
Third Window has a track record of releasing Japanese films in the UK and last year invested in Sion Sono`s Land of Hope.
Pictures Dept. sold Satoshi Miki`s It's Me, It's Me to Taiwan's Sky Digi Entertainment just before Cannes.
Sake-Bomb will be released in Japan on May 25
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)