Cannes: U.K. to Get 'Sake-Bombed'
Culture-clash comedy penned by Jeff Mizushima sells to Third Window Films.
TOKYO – Junya Sakino`s debut feature Sake-Bomb has been picked up Third Window Films for U.K. distribution from Pictures Dept., which is repping the English-language road movie in Cannes.
Starring Eugene Kim and Gaku Hamada as a cynical Asian-American and his naïve Japanese cousin, the film follows their trip to northern California looking for new love and an old girlfriend.
Third Window has a track record of releasing Japanese films in the UK and last year invested in Sion Sono`s Land of Hope.
Pictures Dept. sold Satoshi Miki`s It's Me, It's Me to Taiwan's Sky Digi Entertainment just before Cannes.
Sake-Bomb will be released in Japan on May 25
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott