Cannes 2012: Universal Takes Home Entertainment Rights for 'An End to Killing'
Universal Pictures International Entertainment picked up rights to the Genghis Khan-epic in multiple territories, including the U.K. and France.
CANNES – Universal’s international home entertainment division, UPIE, has snatched up the Wang Ping’s period drama An End to Killing from Fortissimo Films for multiple territories, including the U.K. and France.
The Chinese/Mongolian epic is set in the twilight years of the Genghis Khan era, when the Mongolian conqueror pushed westward to try and stretch his kingdom from “the place where the sun rises to the city where the sun sets.” But a Daoist priest, Quiu Chuji pursued Khan for three years and convinced the ruthless leader than he had to give up killing and violence if he was to achieve immortality.
An End to Killing stars Zhao Youliang as the Daoist priest and Tu Men as Genghis Khan.
Producers of An End to Killing include ShanDong Film Studio, China Film Group Corporation, ShanDong WoHan Culture and Media Co., Radio Film and TV Administration of ShanDong Province and SCS Entertainment. Also on board as international producers are Satoru Iseki and Jooick Lee.
The film, currently in post-production, will bow in China last this year.
The deal signed at Cannes’ Marche du Film, was brokered by Fortissimo Managing Director Nelleke Driessen and UPIE’s Director of International Acquisitions Jasper Van Hecke.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!