Cannes: Warm Red Carpet Reception for Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Star Oscar Isaac draws the loudest applause and shouts of "bravo" during the standing ovation.
The Coen Brothers got a warm welcome from Cannes' red carpet crowd on the world premiere of their competition entry Inside Llewyn Davis.
Five minutes of strong, if not thunderous clapping, along with – for Cannes standard-issue -- standing ovation followed the Sunday night screening of the 1960s folk music drama, which is in competition this year.
But it was star Oscar Isaac, the Davis folk singer of the film's title, who appears in virtually every frame, that enjoyed the loudest applause, along with shouts of “bravo!” for his performance.
Isaac, flanked by fellow cast members Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, Garrett Hedlund, John Goodman, was visibly moved by his rapturous reception. The Llewyn Davis screening was one of the hottest tickets at the Cannes festival so far and drew a glittering array of A-listers and top executives.
Nicole Kidman, who is on this year's Cannes jury, graced the red carpet along with husband, and American Idol judge Keith Urban. Following hot on her heels were fellow jurors Christoph Waltz, Lynne Ramsay, Daniel Auteuil, Cristian Mungiu and jury president Steven Spielberg. Spielberg got a touch of fan fever himself when he climbed the famous Cannes steps, pulling out his cell phone to film a panorama of the crowd below.
Joel and Ethan Coen, along with the Llewyn Davis cast came last – with Joel wearing a straight black tie and Ethan favoring the traditional bow, leading some to wonder if the famous directing brothers made the fashion choice deliberately to let the crowd know who was who.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed