Cannes: Weinstein's Radius Nabs 'Blue Ruin'
Jeremy Saulnier’s revenge tale is eyeing a fall theatrical release.
The Weinstein Co.'s Radius label has acquired North American rights to writer-director Jeremy Saulnier’s Blue Ruin.
The film centers on a man who receives upsetting news and returns to his childhood home to seek revenge. He soon finds himself in a fight to protect his estranged family.
Saulnier, whose first feature was the horror-comedy Murder Party, said he was “thrilled” Blue Ruin was going to Radius, and called the label a “perfect fit."
Blue Ruin was produced by Anish Savjani, Richard Peete and Vincent Savino. It will receive a theatrical release in the fall. It is among a handful of of American films receiving its world premiere in the Director's Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival.
"Blue Ruin is a masterpiece and a future cult classic. It is one of the most exceptional discoveries of the last few years thanks to Jeremy's deft hand,” Radius co-presidents Tom Quinn and Jason Janego said in a statement. “Having worked with him on Murder Party, we couldn't be more excited for our second collaboration."
Radius’ Only God Forgives, starring Ryan Gosling and directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, premieres at Cannes May 22.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!