Cannes: Weinstein's Radius Picks Up Keanu Reeves' 'Man Of Tai Chi'
The Weinstein Company's boutique label schedules a fourth quarter release 2013.
Radius-TWC, the Weinstein Company''s self-styled boutique label, has inked a deal for North American rights to Keanu Reeves' directorial debut Man Of Tai Chi.
No financial details were revealed.
Set in modern Beijing, the story follows the spiritual journey of a young martial artist (Tiger Hu Chen) whose unparalleled Tai Chi skills land him in a highly lucrative underworld fight club. As the fights grow tougher, he must compromise his own beliefs in order to survive.
Reeves stars in the film opposite Chen – a stuntman on The Matrix series who also trained him - in his first leading role. The cast also boasts up-and-coming international action stars Iko Uwais (The Raid) and Jeremy Marinas.
Michael G. Cooney wrote the script for the movie which is a co-production between China Film Group, Wanda Media, Village Roadshow Pictures Asia and Universal Pictures.
Lemore Syvan is the producer.
Radius will aim to roll the film out in the fourth quarter 2013.
TWC COO David Glasserand Radius co-presidents Tom Quinn and Jason Janego negotiated the deal with CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)