Cannes Winner 'Amour' to Hit U.S. Theaters Dec. 19
The move makes the film eligible for awards consideration in all categories.
Sony Pictures Classics has set Dec. 19 as the date for the limited release of Amour, Michael Haneke's drama that is coming off a Palme d’Or win at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
The movie will open in New York and Los Angeles, putting it square in awards season. The move makes the film eligible for consideration in all the major categories.
Amour revolves around an octogenarian couple (Jean-Louis Trintignant and Emmanuelle Riva) whose love is tested as they face mortality.
SPC also released Haneke's Cache (2005) and The White Ribbon (2009), the latter also a Palme d'Or winner.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR