Cannes: Worldview Boards 'Song One,' Starring Anne Hathaway
The company will finance and produce the drama based on a script by Kate Barker-Froyland.
Worldview Entertainment has struck a deal to finance and produce Song One, starring Anne Hathaway.
Lotus Entertainment is pitching the drama to buyers at the Marche du Film in Cannes.
The film is based on a script from Kate Barker-Froyland who is also directing. Hathaway, Jonathan Demme and Adam Shulman are among the producers.
The film is about a woman who develops a relationship with the favorite musician of her sick brother.
Worldview is also a backer of David Gordon Green’s Manglehorn, which added Al Pacino to its cast just before the start of Cannes.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services