Cannes: Worldview Entertainment Nabs U.S. Rights to 'Jimmy P.'
Benicio Del Toro stars in Arnaud Desplechin’s drama, which will premiere in Competition at the fest.
U.S. rights to Arnaud Desplechin’s drama Jimmy P. starring Benicio Del Toro have been acquired by Worldview Entertainment from Wild Bunch.
The film will have its world premiere in Competition at the Cannes Film Festival this month.
Based on a true story, Jimmy P. follows Jimmy Picard (Del Toro), a Blackfoot Indian, who returns from World War II with a mysterious illness and requires the help of psychoanalyst George Devereux (Matthieu Amalric).
The drama was written by Desplechin based on the book Psychotherapy of a Plains Indian by Devereux.
The film is now one of three that Worldview will debut at Cannes this year. Guillaume Canet’s crime thriller Blood Ties, starring Clive Owen, Billy Crudup, Marion Cotillard, Mila Kunis, Zoe Saldana, and James Gray’s period drama, The Immigrant, starring Cotillard, Joaquin Phoenix and Jeremy Renner, will also hit the Croisette this year.
CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of Worldview.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Selena Gomez Flashes Black Bra in Sexy Sheer Dress at Coachella with Kendall & Kylie Jenner!
- Robert Downey Jr. Stars in Another HTC Phone Commercial
- Sofia Vergara & Vanessa Paradis Stun in Black at 'Fading Gigilo' NYC Screening!
- Jennifer Garner Talks About Ben Affleck's Competitive Nature on 'Live with Kelly & Michael'!