Cannes: Worldview Options Andrew Dominik's Marilyn Monroe Pic 'Blond'
Dominik's script was adapted from Joyce Carol Oates' fictionalized biography of the late starlet.
CANNES - Worldview Entertainment has optioned Andrew Dominik's script Blond, chronicling the inner life of Marilyn Monroe.
CAA packaged the project and is representing domestic rights, while Wild Bunch is shopping the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Dominik adapted the script from Joyce Carol Oates fictionalized biography of the late starlet.
“Andrew is an extremely talented writer and director and we are big fans of his work. Blonde is a fantastic project and we are looking forward to seeing it come to life,” said Worldview CEO Christopher Woodrow.
At over 700 pages, Blonde is Oates' longest work of fiction and chronicles many of Monroe's relationships, including with President John F. Kennedy. Other men in Monroe's life, such as husbands Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller aren't referred to by their actual names.
Dominik is represented by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR