Cannes: Worldview Options Andrew Dominik's Marilyn Monroe Pic 'Blond'
Dominik's script was adapted from Joyce Carol Oates' fictionalized biography of the late starlet.
CANNES - Worldview Entertainment has optioned Andrew Dominik's script Blond, chronicling the inner life of Marilyn Monroe.
CAA packaged the project and is representing domestic rights, while Wild Bunch is shopping the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Dominik adapted the script from Joyce Carol Oates fictionalized biography of the late starlet.
“Andrew is an extremely talented writer and director and we are big fans of his work. Blonde is a fantastic project and we are looking forward to seeing it come to life,” said Worldview CEO Christopher Woodrow.
At over 700 pages, Blonde is Oates' longest work of fiction and chronicles many of Monroe's relationships, including with President John F. Kennedy. Other men in Monroe's life, such as husbands Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller aren't referred to by their actual names.
Dominik is represented by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche