Cannes: Zac Efron, Amber Heard Ride Onto 'Autobahn'
Efron will play a hired driver who angers his drug dealer employers.
Zac Efron and Amber Heard have boarded IM Global’s chase thriller Autobahn, which Eran Creevy will shoot this fall on location in Germany.
IM Global is fully financing, and producing alongside 42’s Ben Pugh and Rory Aitken and Automatik’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones. Chris Cowles and Chris Fenton of H2F will executive produce. CAA packaged the project and is representing domestic rights.
In the script, written by F. Scott Frazier and Creevy, an American backpacker (Efron) is hired as a pickup driver for a gang of German drug smugglers. But when a job goes awry, he’s forced to flee from his employers, leading to high-speed chases around Munich. Heard will play his girlfriend.
IM Global, which will shop the project to foreign buyers in Cannes, says Autobahn is in the spirit of Gone in 60 Seconds and Unstoppable.
Efron currently is shooting the comedy Townies for Universal co-starring Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne and will next be seen in theaters with Are We Officially Dating? and Parkland. Heard is next in cinemas with Paranoia, Three Days to Kill and Machete Kills. Efron is represented by CAA, Heard by WME.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David