Cannes: Zodiak Kicks off 'Echoes From the Dead' Sales
The mystery drama from “Millennium” director Daniel Alfredson has presold to Benelux and across Scandinavia.
Zodiak Rights will kick off sales of Scandi crime mystery Echoes From the Dead from Swedish director Daniel Alfredson at the Marche du Film in Cannes.
Alfredson, who directed two of the films from the original Swedish Millennium trilogy: The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, adapted the novel by Swedish author Johan Theorin about a mother who accused her own father of being involved in the mysterious disappearance of her 5-year-old son. Lena Endre, a favorite of Ingmar Bergman who most recently appeared in Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master, stars alongside Sweden's Tord Peterson and Thomas W Gabrielsson.
Millennium producer Søren Stærmose packaged the film for producers Yellow Bird. Zodiak Rights, like Yellow Bird a subsidiary of the Zodiak Media company, is handling worldwide sales outside of Scandinavia for the title. Nordisk is handling the Scandinavian release, while Lumiere Distribution has snatched up rights for the Netherlands and Belgium.
Echoes From the Dead is set to deliver in the fall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR