Canwest acquires 'Haven'
E1 is producing with 'Dead Zone' executive producers
TORONTO -- Canadian broadcaster Canwest Global Communications Corp. has acquired the Syfy supernatural thriller "Haven," based on the Stephen King novella, from E1 Entertainment.
Production on "Haven," which is set in small-town Maine, will start shortly in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with Lucas Bryant ("Queer as Folk") and Eric Balfour as the latest additions to the cast.
The drama will portray a small town where the cursed attempt to lead normal lives as FBI agent Audrey Parker investigates supernatural forces that threaten to unravel the many mysteries of Haven.
E1 is producing "Haven" with "The Dead Zone" executive producers Shawn Piller, Lloyd Segan and Scott Shepherd.
Universal Networks International, NBC Universal's global channel division, will also co-finance the drama after it picked up the exclusive pay-TV broadcast rights for the world, excluding Canada, U.S. and Scandinavia.
E1 is selling "Haven" internationally.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR