'Cape No. 7' spreads its wings
Taiwan hit sells into Malaysia, expects China release
BANGKOK - "Cape No. 7," the film breaking Taiwan boxoffice records and hoping for a slot in the Oscars finals for Best Foreign Film has clinched a handful of regional distribution deals and releases, sales executives said Monday.
The film about youth and music by first-time director Te-sheng Wei is awaiting a release date from the China Film Group, whose purchase makes it the first commercial film from Taiwan set to screen in China since the two split in 1949. A release date in China would be confirmed "soon," Rita Chuang in Taipei said.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR