Capitol sees worthy 'Pursuits' with Lopez
CANNES -- British-based finance and sales house Capitol Films, snapped up by Los Angeles-based entrepreneurs David Bergstein and Ronald Tutor last year, has boarded the Jennifer Lopez starrer "Love and Other Impossible Pursuits" as a co-financier.
Lopez will star in the movie penned by Don Roos, who is lined up to direct from his own script. Capitol also is taking worldwide sales duties on the picture as part of the deal brokered by William Morris Independent's Rena Ronson and Capitol's Jane Barclay.
Capitol comes to Cannes with the picture as a presale for buyers. The company worked with Lopez on her outing in "Bordertown," a film that unspooled in Competition this year at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Produced by Marc Platt ("Wanted"), "Impossible Pursuits" is billed as a funny and moving story that details the story of a woman's "tempestuous relationship with her young stepson."
Peter Naish, who recently joined Capitol Films as co-managing director, described Roos' script as "the kind of feisty yet sexy role that could have been made for Jennifer."
Capitol Films also has taken on sales duties to Joshua Marston's "The Fortress of Solitude" in a separate deal struck by Ronson and Barclay.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR