Captain America's Chris Evans Talks 'Avengers' Co-Stars and 'Raging Insecurity'
The newly minted superhero says he’s still learning how to be a sex symbol.
With a wildly successful opening weekend at the box office, Chris Evans’ turn as Captain America has landed him a new role as a sex symbol.
PHOTOS: Summer Movie Guide
Joining the ranks of his Avengers co-stars Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr., Evans told Us Weekly that his new act will take some getting used to.
“It’s tough to feel [like a sex symbol] standing next to Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Hemsworth,” he said. “But I’m fine with it.”
STORY: Captain America Vs. The Superheroes of 2011
“I don’t consider myself that way,” he added. “Many actors are saddled with raging insecurity and I am no exception. I am drowning in it.”
Still, the 30-year old actor is happy to have found guidance in Downey Jr. and a friend in 27-year old Hemsworth.
REVIEW: 'Captain America: The First Avenger'
“Hemsworth and I are definitely in unchartered waters, but it’s great that we have one another,” he explained. “I can’t say enough about Downey. He’s been so great. He’s so positive and so available, and I didn’t know what to expect. He’s so experienced.”
The trio is currently filming The Avengers with Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson and more. The Joss Whedon helmed superhero flick is set to hit theaters May 4, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)