'Captain America,' 'Friends With Benefits,' 'Horrible Bosses' to Premiere on FX
The network continues to add top box office performers to its slate.
FX has snagged the commercial television premiere rights to a handful of recent big-screen releases.
Captain America: The First Avenger, as part of a deal with Marvel that closed in 2008; Friends With Benefits; and Horrible Bosses will all air on FX.
Captain America, starring Chris Evans as the title character, topped the weekend domestic box office with $65.8 million, in line with Chris Hemsworth's Thor, which took in $65.7 million in its debut.
Friends With Benefits, on the other hand, came in at No. 3, opening to $18.5 million -- just behind the similarly-themed No Strings Attached released earlier this year.
Up to this point, FX has snagged Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Bad Teacher, Green Lantern, The Hangover Part II, Rio, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Thor, Just Go With It, The Green Hornet, Tron: Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott