'Captain America,' 'Friends With Benefits,' 'Horrible Bosses' to Premiere on FX
The network continues to add top box office performers to its slate.
FX has snagged the commercial television premiere rights to a handful of recent big-screen releases.
Captain America: The First Avenger, as part of a deal with Marvel that closed in 2008; Friends With Benefits; and Horrible Bosses will all air on FX.
Captain America, starring Chris Evans as the title character, topped the weekend domestic box office with $65.8 million, in line with Chris Hemsworth's Thor, which took in $65.7 million in its debut.
Friends With Benefits, on the other hand, came in at No. 3, opening to $18.5 million -- just behind the similarly-themed No Strings Attached released earlier this year.
Up to this point, FX has snagged Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Bad Teacher, Green Lantern, The Hangover Part II, Rio, Super 8, X-Men: First Class, Thor, Just Go With It, The Green Hornet, Tron: Legacy and Kung Fu Panda 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera