'Captain Phillips' Team Reuniting for 'The Director'
Paul Greengrass is in negotiations to direct Columbia's adaptation of the upcoming novel by David Ignatius.
The team behind the critical hit Captain Phillips are reuniting to adapt The Director, an upcoming book by David Ignatius.
Paul Greengrass is in negotiations to write and direct the adaptation, which will be produced by Scott Rudin. Rudin was a producer on Phillips, which Greengrass directed.
The deal comes under the aegis of Michael De Luca, also a Phillips producer who is now transitioning to his new job as production president of Columbia Pictures (he officially starts in February).
The cyber-thriller is set in motion when a teen walks into the American consulate in Hamburg and claims the CIA has been hacked. The new director of the agency, on the job for less than a week, is forced to team up with the CIA’s young, in-house geek for a worldwide mole hunt filled with double-crosses.
Greengrass is eyeing Director as his next movie.
The book will be published in June 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)