'Captain Phillips' Trailer: Tom Hanks Negotiates With Pirates (Video)
The film, based on a true story of a cargo ship hijacking, is set for release Oct. 11.
The theatrical trailer for Captain Phillips reveals more about what happened after a cargo ship, the Maersk Alabama, was hijacked in 2009 by Somali pirates.
The film, directed by Paul Greengrass (United 91, The Bourne Supremacy), sees Tom Hanks portray Phillips, the real captain who later recounted the ordeal in a book.
The clip also shows the U.S. military response to the incident, which saw Navy SEAL snipers dispatched to rescue the crew of the boarded ship. Also, more of the tense interaction between Phillips and a pirate leader is seen.
The drama, which will hit theaters Oct. 11, is set to open the New York Film Fest, Tokyo Film Fest and BFI London Film Festival in next several months.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)