Hip Hop Agent Cara Lewis Joins CAA; Eminem Expected to Follow
After 23 years at William Morris, where she represented scores of rap heavies, Billboard's 14th most powerful woman in music joins Rob Light's team. Client Eminem is expected to follow.
Billboard's 14th most powerful woman in the music industry has joined Rob Light's team at Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Cara Lewis, who was a top hip-hop agent at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) for 23 years representing Eminem, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Rihanna, B.o.B., Common and the Roots, among others, will be based out of CAA's New York office.
Says Light, the agency's managing partner and head of music: “Cara has built a remarkable career cultivating the careers of some of the most acclaimed artists in music today. Her expertise of the urban market, ability to innovate, and keen eye for talent will be great assets to our continued growth.”
According to a source, Kanye West, Lewis' biggest client, parted ways with her a couple months ago. Another insider says their relationship ended when she left WME. The rapper is currently without music representation. Eminem is expected to join Lewis at CAA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead