Carey Mulligan Joins Cast of Steve McQueen's Sophomore Feature 'Shame'
She joins James Badge Dale and Michael Fassbender in the New York-set drama.
LONDON -- Carey Mulligan and James Badge Dale have joined Michael Fassbender in the cast of Steve McQueen's sophomore feature Shame.
Mulligan plays Fassbender's sister, Sissy, whilst Badge Dale takes the role of his boss in the New York-set drama about a 30-something man living in the city who is unable to manage his sex life.
Producers Iain Canning and Emile Sherman are producing the picture, written by McQueen and Brick Lane scribe Abi Morgan.
The picture will be produced through Canning's banner See-Saw Films, with Film4, who also developed it and will co-finance.
Shooting is scheduled to begin in January on location in New York.
U.K.-based sales and finance banner HanWay has struck a slew of key territory deals including France (MK2), Germany (Prokino) and Benelux (Cineart).
Mulligan is repped by Tor Belfrage at Julian Belfrage Associates and Chris Andrew at CAA. Joel Lubin at CAA reps Badge Dale.
See-Saw is currently riding high on the chatter surrounding The King's Speech, which opened in the U.S. over Thanksgiving.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)