Carey Mulligan Offered Role in 'Great Gatsby'
Actress poised to play Daisy Buchanan opposite Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire in director Baz Luhrmann's feature adaptation.
Carey Mulligan has been officially offered the role of Daisy Buchanan, the starring female role in Baz Luhrmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby, set up at Columbia.
Luhrmann has been meeting with actors and conducting table reads over the past couple of months in order to find the right mix for his cast, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire pegged to play Jay Gatsby and Nick Carraway, respectively.
In the novel set in the moneyed society of 1920 Long Island, N.Y., Buchanan is Gatsby’s love, a shallow woman whom Gatsby lost due to his being poor.
According to reports, Mulligan received a phone call from Luhrmann, who told her she won the part, while on the red carpet the Fashion Council Awards in New York.
If nabbing the hard part was tough, what comes next is even harder: hammering out a deal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR