Carey Mulligan to Play Woman Battling Psychiatric Illness on New York Stage
11:09 AM PST 1/13/2011 by THR staff
She is set to appear in the off-Broadway play 'Through a Glass Darkly.'
Carey Mulligan is showing no signs of slowing down.The British-born actress - who recently wrapped shooting on the Ryan Gosling indie Drive - will appear on the New York stage beginning May 13 in an adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's 1961 film, Through a Glass Darkly. She will play a young woman whose psychiatric illness spirals out of control while vacationing with her husband, father and brother. The rest of the cast will be announced later. Mulligan made her Broadway debut in 2008 in The Seagull opposite Peter Sarsgaard and Kristin Scott Thomas.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress