Carey Mulligan to Play Woman Battling Psychiatric Illness on New York Stage
11:09 AM PST 1/13/2011 by THR staff
She is set to appear in the off-Broadway play 'Through a Glass Darkly.'
Carey Mulligan is showing no signs of slowing down.The British-born actress - who recently wrapped shooting on the Ryan Gosling indie Drive - will appear on the New York stage beginning May 13 in an adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's 1961 film, Through a Glass Darkly. She will play a young woman whose psychiatric illness spirals out of control while vacationing with her husband, father and brother. The rest of the cast will be announced later. Mulligan made her Broadway debut in 2008 in The Seagull opposite Peter Sarsgaard and Kristin Scott Thomas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR