Carey Mulligan Snags Palm Springs Film Fest Honor
"Never Let Me Go," "Wall Street 2" star gets breakthrough performance award.
The 22nd annual Palm Springs International Film Festival will honor Carey Mulligan with its breakthrough performance award for her work in Never Let Me Go and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps at its Awards Gala on Jan. 8 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
“Carey Mulligan is an actress of extraordinary talent and versatility,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In her most recent performances as the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps to Never Let Me Go, where her character learns that life isn’t always what it seems, she brings uncommon vision and depth to her art.”
Earlier this year, Mulligan earned a best actress Oscar nomination for An Education.
The festival itself runs from Jan. 6-17.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR