Pathe Replaces Focus Features International On Carey Mulligan's 'Suffragette'
The movie is being produced by Ruby Films with backing from Film4, the British Film Institute and Pathe.
LONDON -- French-owned Pathe is partnering with Film4, the standalone movie-making arm of U.K. broadcaster Channel 4 and the British Film Institute's movie fund to back Sarah Gavron's Suffragette, starring Carey Mulligan.
Mulligan stars as a young foot soldier of the early feminist movement who is radicalized and turns to violence after seeing peaceful protests achieve nothing.
Pathe replaces Focus Features International as the sales and financier on the long-gestating project penned by Abi Morgan.
Focus Features International, currently at the heart of industry chatter over its future in the wake of NBCUniversal's movie operations shake-up, was repping the project when it was called The Fury.
Pathe will distribute the project in the U.K. and France and rep international sales on the project with it set to shoot February 2014.
The film will be produced by Faye Ward and Alison Owen (Saving Mr. Banks) and executive produced by Film4's Katherine Butler and Pathe's Cameron McCracken.
Chris Collins is lead executive for the BFI Film Fund.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David