Carlos Santana Inks Memoir Deal With Little, Brown
The company recently published Keith Richard's book "Life."
NEW YORK (AP) — Carlos Santana is ready for the ultimate riff: a memoir. The Grammy-winning superstar has an agreement with Little, Brown and Co. to tell his life story.
The publisher, a division of Hachette Book Group, announced Thursday that the book is scheduled for release in 2014. It doesn't yet have a title.
The 65-year-old Santana is expected to tell stories of such friends and peers as Miles Davis, Eric Clapton and Herbie Hancock.
Little, Brown and Co. has a strong history of rock star memoirs: Two years ago, it published Keith Richard's Life.
Santana has won 15 Grammys and is best known for the album Supernatural, which has sold more than 25 million copies.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills