Carlos Santana Marries Drummer
Guitarist Carlos Santana has married drummer Cindy Blackman. The couple exchanged vows Dec. 19 in Maui.
It rained off and on throughout the day, so the musicians added a few impromptu touches to the proceedings. Blackman told People magazine, "My favorite part of the ceremony was when we washed our hands in a bowl of rainwater."
She continued, "We absolved ourselves of all things past and all things future except the two of us. It felt so clearing to do that."
This is the second marriage for Santana, who proposed to Blackman during a concert in July.
Blackman has previously been in bands for Lenny Kravitz and Cassandra Wilson.
See her in action in this video for Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way":
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR